1910s Wilson & Bros US Navy Snare Drum : 5 x 15-1/2
1930s Frank Wolf '2-to-1' Model Snare Drum
Size : 5-1/4 x 15-1/2
Finish : Nickel over Alloy
Founded in 1917, The Wilson Brothers began offering drums and traps to the general public. They were manufacturing out of a 4 story plant located in Chicago (which still stands today as renovated loft apartments). Like many manufacturers around this time, the Wilson Brothers began building banjos around 1926. The company lasted a few years until finally shutting doors around 1929 - around the same time Leedy and Ludwig & Ludwig sold to the Conn company.
This particular drum is slightly oversized at 15 1/2" in diameter. Stamped USN, it is very possible that this drum was built for the US Navy back in the 1910S or early 20s.